Managing project records with Doxis4
Doxis4 project records provide you with quick, secure access to all project-relevant documents and information, always within the relevant context and regardless of where you are in the world. They also protect all your data from unauthorised access. They help you to manage and archive all forms of media related to your project: from written correspondence to plans and CAD documents. An assortment of filters and sorting functions help you to deal with large amounts of data when conducting searches. With Doxis4, you can provide your business partners access to all key project data thanks the project room module hosted on a secure web front-end. All access to the room is documented for security purposes.
Electronic records are particularly valuable in projects that involve a lot of paperwork, like production or construction projects. As project manager, you have the option of designing the central folder structure to suit your project's requirements. You can also adapt all of these settings during of the course of project. Because the records can be seamlessly integrated into all your ERP, CAD and PPS systems, you can transfer and sync any basic and variable production process data at any time or open up archived data straight from the production system itself. You can therefore stay up-to-date at all times (even in the most complex of projects) without having to deal with data in an assortment of different formats and systems. Thanks to the automatic document management function, you can rest assured that your documents are always stored in accordance with any relevant legal specifications. The additional Audit Trail function is also useful for compliance issues and liability cases as it shows you who has viewed, added to, edited or deleted a document and when.
What it has to offer
- Central management and monitoring for all documents related to your project
- Increased transparency when it comes to resources, deadlines and decisions
- Option to use various project models within one record-based solution
- Secure, legally-compliant documentation for compliance and liability issues
Features and strengths
Electronic project records in Doxis4 capture, manage and log all project-related documents from a wide range of sources and in an assortment of different formats, e.g. emails, plans, CAD drawings, images, videos, etc. An integrated viewer supports over 300 different formats and displays the content of various different documents, even if you don't have access to the program used to create the original file. Alternatively, you can also open and display archived files in another application.
Doxis4 project records enable you to archive all your documents in an audit-proof and legally-compliant manner until the end of the statutory limitation period. The Audit Trail function logs every time a person adds a new document or views, alters or deletes an existing document. Audit-proof document archiving helps users to comply with legal and internal regulations and may also be useful when it comes to determining liability in disputes or damage claims.
You can use Doxis4's electronic workbasket system to send project-related documents of any size to any number of project members without each person having to save them separately. In contrast to the more unsafe channel of email, Doxis4 reduces strain on your network and uses encrypted communication to increase security. Your external business partners can access electronic project records through an online, password-protected Doxis4 project room. You are also able to define different types of access rights depending on the function in question, be it viewing, editing, uploading or downloading. These rights can be assigned at folder level, tab level or even document level.
When starting a new project with Doxis4 electronic project records, you can set up the file structure to suit your individual requirements. You can then adjust these structures during the course of the project itself. Any settings you make can also be transferred to parallel or subsequent projects. Almost every industry can benefit from these functions, from event management and network management to construction and production projects.
Large corporations and medium-sized companies with a number of legally-independent subsidiaries will find Doxis4 project records' tenant capability impossible to live without. Tenant capability means that every company or organization is only able to see and change their own data. Switching between tenants requires new user rights and authentication to be issued. However, tenants can also be separated using the authorisation concept and by keeping data separate (database and storage media). In this case, you do not need to renew access rights and authentication data.
You can search for documents from the entire folder structure using the multi-field search or fulltext search (text mining). A number of different filters, a grouping function and a result list sort function help you to tackle large quantities of documents.
Cockpit for information
Every eRecord contains a project cover sheet which displays basic project data and any comments. When combined with the intuitive folder structure, these two features make up an extensive information cockpit that provides quick and secure access to all relevant documents and information.
Standardised folder structures
At the heart of every project record you'll find a standard central folder structure that can be adapted to suit your individual project and management approach. Once you have set up one of these structures, you can then transfer it to other similar projects at any time. A central classification scheme also enables you to set up a clear systematic structure to all existing documents and records, independently to the actual project records.
Project rooms with a web front-end
Your external partners can also access project-relevant documents thanks to a password-protected web-based front-end. Grained access rights can be assigned for tabs, folders and individual documents and can also be allocated with a time limit. The project manager can issue these rights directly.
Overview of electronic project records in Doxis4
Project record management
- Standard pre-defined folder structure for managing
project data and documents from a wide range of sources and in an assortment of formats
- Compact overview of all key project data (information cockpit)
- Role-based, fine-grained authorisation system (tab-level, folder-level, document-level, temporary access, etc.)
- Mobile access via web-based and mobile clients
- Offline records: check-in/check-out feature enables you to open and edit electronic records from outside the office (automatic sync)
- Project room (secure integration of business partners)
- Flexible file view configurations: personal (e.g. approval, activation and deadlines) or department-based (e.g. purchasing, finance, material management)
- Integration of multi-system functions, e.g. address display in Google Maps (project sites, position of machines), integrated Wiki
- Option to transfer authorisation structures from third-party systems (e.g. LDAP)
Project document management
- Audit-proof storage for documents and records
- Clear filing structures and standardised filing procedures to avoid data redundancy and confusion when it comes to filing properties
- Integrated DMS functions: record filing (manual or automatic batch filing), search, edit, version management, history, etc.
- International compatibility thanks to multilingual functions (Unicode compatible)
- Logical allocation of documents to several sub-projects or project participants without redundant data in the archive
- Option to add further indices (metadata) during active processes
- Viewer compatible with over 300 formats, even if you do not have access to the application used to create the file in question (even CAD)
- MS Office integration – search for and file documents straight from MS Office
- Electronic workbasket for paperwork-heavy processes
- Function for capturing paper documents using fully integrated scan software
Project process management
- Audit Trail function – client-based documentation: who has done what to which document and when
- Option to combine Doxis4 Workflow, e.g. for scheduling, deadlines, reminders
- Subscription function for receiving information via email, e.g. status updates, releases/approvals
Project data management
- Compilation of electronic project records using a range of information objects from various different sources (e.g. from ERP, CRM, CAD, PPS systems)
- Guaranteed security thanks to authorisation, authentication, SSL encryption for client-server communication and the option to transfer access rights from other systems