Using Doxis4 for staff files and application folders
Doxis4 staff records are a secure and intuitive solution for managing all sensitive personal documents and data related to your employees and potential employees. Regardless of whether you're dealing with job applications, contracts, emails, employee meeting records or training documents related to professional development, an electronic staff record provides you with an overview of all relevant employee and applicant data at the touch of a button. You can also benefit from direct access to all necessary HR documents.
The option to set up different levels of access to documents helps you to ensure that only users with corresponding access rights are able to view and edit documents in staff records. This authorisation concept can take all access restrictions governed by data protection law into account, covering restrictions at a management level, data processing level and normal employee level. The records support a range of automated processes, like when an employee starts or leaves the company, goes on maternity leave or presents evidence of their qualifications. They also help you to adhere to key legal and internal regulations related to the retention of documents. To ensure that records can be fully integrated into your HR processes, Doxis4 uses standard interfaces with HR systems and also transfers and syncs personal data on a regular basis.
Doxis4 staff records:
- Multi-tenant, audit-proof storage of staff and applicant documentation in a single standardised format
- Standard set of functions for developing common folder structures
- Security structures to prevent unauthorised access to data
- Use of standardised interfaces for integration into HR and payroll systems
Features and strengths
Electronic staff records are available as a Doxis4 solutions package and are therefore ready to use as soon as you have completed the installation process. We applied our experience from a number of customer projects to create a pre-configured staff record solution which contains the key structures and functions for staff files as standard. However, you can still set up your own configurations at any time. You can also manage individual modifications centrally and apply them across the whole company at once.
You can search for staff records and documents straight from your HR system or by using the index search and fulltext search functions in the Doxis4 clients. While the index search function looks quickly through particular records or documents, the fulltext search (text mining) covers all document content. Thanks to Doxis4, staff documents from across the entire company can now be packaged together and accessed centrally, e.g. references, objectives, certificates, etc. Doxis4 staff records offer a range of major advantages for companies working across several sites: Access to staff records is not actually linked their storage so you can still access data stored in the archive. No matter where they are in the world, users will have access to staff records as offline records and can also access them via the web and mobile clients, provided that they have the corresponding rights. Staff records can be tailored to suit your company's own IT structures and stored securely over the long-term either centrally, at separate sites, or using a mixture of both.
Sensitive staff records receive the best possible protection thanks to personal user authorisation, authentication, SSL encryption for client-server communication and the option to transfer authorisation rights from your existing HR systems. Managers can be granted temporary access for disciplinary purposes and employees can be granted temporary access to reflect legal provisions concerning access to data. The Audit Trail function provides audit-proof documentation showing who has added, viewed, changed or deleted which document and when. The logging process therefore keeps a transparent record of all stages.
Large corporations and medium-sized companies with a number of legally-independent subsidiaries will find Doxis4 staff records' tenant capability impossible to live without. Tenant capability means that every company or organization is only able to see and change their own data. Switching between tenants requires new user rights and authentication to be issued. However, tenants can also be separated using the authorisation concept and by keeping data separate (database and storage media).
Doxis4 staff records can be integrated into any number of HR and payroll systems. An iECM link in these systems can direct you straight to a particular staff record. Personal data can be transferred and synced thanks to standard interfaces which are also used to transfer documents like payslips to the archive. The Microsoft Office interface means that you can search and file documents and emails straight from your Microsoft application. The template management function makes it easier to draw up correspondence, contracts, etc.
By enabling you to archive and manage documents in audit-proof manner, you create digital versions of document-intensive HR processes which can then either be completed manually or automatically. HR documents can be distributed manually using practical electronic workbaskets. Our electronic workbaskets are just like a normal email inbox but with two key differences: all documents distributed remain securely in your staff records system. This means that you can rest assured that no third parties will be able to access your correspondence. Unlike normal email systems, Doxis4 helps you to keep up-to-date with the current status of a document, saving you from having to call or email to find out.
All key staff information at a glance
Doxis4 staff records provide an overview of all key staff data in an information cockpit – including all upcoming deadlines and comments. All staff documents are displayed in a clear, standardised structure without any problems resulting from the use of different forms of media. This structure is used as a basis for creating “virtual” record views that you can customise to suit your own needs in just a few clicks. For example, you can set up the system to display all temporary contracts due to expire in the next 30 days.
Streamlined staff management
Some HR processes take place on a regular basis, for example the processes for leaving and joining the company or the process for putting employees through training sessions. Electronic workflows provide valuable support and help to speed up these processes. As well as automating a large proportion of the stages, workflows help to ensure a high standard of quality across all HR departments.
Overview of Doxis4 staff records
Staff record management
- Pre-defined, standardised record structures for managing staff information and documents from a number of different sources and in a wide range of formats
- Compact overview of all staff data (information cockpit)
- Detailed authorisation management for access to staff records and individual documents, temporary access also possible
- Option to transfer authorisation structures from all standard HR systems
- Use of personal data (e.g. employee group) to determine restrictions when it comes to accessing/modifying
- Entire records
- Record folders
- Staff data
Staff documentation management
- Logical allocation of documents to several different HR processes without redundant data in the archive
- Option to add further indices (metadata) while processes are active
- Simple document filing functions: manual or automatic batch processing
- Option to file MS Office documents using drag & drop function in Doxis4 Clients, incl. file property transfer
- Option to search for staff documents straight from MS Office
- Option to file documents as source formats and target formats, e.g. Word and PDF
- Function for capturing paper documents using fully integrated scan software
HR process management
- Automatic deletion of documents in line with specified retention deadlines
- Creation of standardised and ad-hoc workflows for regular processes (employees joining & leaving the company, maternity and paternity leave, traineeships, etc.)
- Option to issue warnings if too many part-time contracts have been entered into
- Client-based auditing – who has done what to which documents and when
- Automatic request to present qualifications, permits, etc.
Staff data management
- Use of standard interfaces to all standard HR and payroll systems (e.g. SAP HRM, Oracle Peoplesoft HCM, ADP PAISY) to transfer and synchronise staff data
- Direct access to Doxis4 staff records from your HR and payroll systems (and vice versa)
- Automatic transfer of staff documents, e.g. payslips