Digital medical records with Doxis4
As well as the relevant medical expertise, a wide range of patient-based and case-based documents are required to provide patients with the best care possible. Medical professionals must be able to access letters from doctors, test results and information about any treatment already carried out. Although the vast majority of hospitals already use electronic patient records, hospital information systems (HIS) still lack access to all patient-related documentation. Patient records are either still paper-based or are not yet fully accessible in electronic form in the HIS.
This is due to the use of so-called unstructured data in the form of documents, images and videos that cannot be managed sufficiently or at all in the HIS. This means that hospitals end up using data in a number of different formats and media. While managing electronic patient records in the HIS, doctors also use paper copies of patient records which are made up of the results of imaging methods, lab reports and referral letters from doctors and specialists. Then there are additional outbound documents, like doctor's notes which require signatures. This entire process is calling out for a complete audit-proof patient record archive that can be seamlessly integrated into the hospital's information system.
Doxis4 medical records are a record-based standard solution that files all documents in an extensive, structured, multimedia repository in line with the relevant auditing standards. Healthcare professionals are able to access all medical documents from the HIS itself or from a Windows-based or web-based Doxis4 client.
Doxis4 medical records can be broken down into patient records which, in turn, can be broken down into individual records on every case from a patient's history. Case records plot the causes, history and progression of treatment in any number of structured folders (doctor's notes, test results, etc.) taken from a number of different systems and in a number of different formats.
Doctors benefit from having direct access to digital Doxis4 medical records during clinical procedures. They are able to use the HIS to open the case history needed for a particular case in just a few seconds. This means that doctors no longer have to carry out several different tests or examinations, which not only cost a lot of time and money but may also be traumatic for the patient.
Any documents provided by the patient (e.g. doctor's notes or test results) can be scanned in straight away and added to the electronic medical record. Patient data is extremely sensitive which is why you are able to transfer entire authorisation concepts from the HIS to make sure only people with the corresponding rights can access certain data.
What it has to offer
- Audit-proof archiving
- Multimedia patient archives (data, documents, images, videos)
- Close integration in HIS, RIS, PACS and imaging processes
- Transfer of authorisation structures from HIS or via LDAP
- Standardised ECM platform that enables hospitals to create their own extensive information and document management systems
Doxis4 provides hospitals with access to all relevant unstructured data
Features and strengths
For integration in HIS, RIS, PACS & imaging methods, Doxis4 uses international standards like HL7, DICOM, IHE, LDAP, SAP ArchiveLink, IHE XDS, etc. Thanks to these interface standards and existing integration platforms (HL7 communication server, Active Directory, etc.), Doxis4 can be integrated into any number of systems while remaining secure and efficient over the long term. Electronic case and patient records can be opened from Doxis4 medical records by requesting the third-party program from the system in question. SER has a clinical interface management system that contains a number of standardised interfaces. Using this technology as a basis, SER has already integrated a range of different hospital information systems (HIS) and also offers interfaces to HIS systems from all leading vendors.
Doxis4 medical records provide a complete overview of all patient document in a range of different media and stores them in an audit-proof manner. They provide healthcare workers with consistent access to doctor's notes, diagnoses, test results, lab reports, temperature charts, x-rays, OP videos, and many more, from a range of different systems.
Doxis4 medical records are an electronic, audit-proof solution for storing all patient-related documentation. The retention management service enables you to define retention and deletion deadlines for records and documents. The Audit Trail function logs every time a person adds a new document or views, alters or deletes existing documents and records. By transferring authorisation structures from your HIS or an active directory (LDAP), you will be able to maintain a standard authorisation concept that protects sensitive data from unauthorised access.
Large hospital trusts or hospital operators that run a number of legally independent units will find Doxis4's tenant capability impossible to live without. It helps to ensure that each legally independent organization is only able to access its own patients' information. However, tenants can also be separated using the authorisation concept and by keeping data and systems separate (database and storage media).
In an emergency, Doxis4 can also provide secure access to patient and case records, even if the doctor in question does not possess the relevant access rights or the authorisation system (HIS, Active Directory, etc.) is unavailable. All instances of access are carefully logged. The doctor is reminded that his use of the document in question will be logged and may be checked by the data protection officer at the hospital.
In addition to the authorisation concept, secure data protection is also ensured by the application of personal user authorisations, authentication data and SSL encryption for client-server communication.
Overview of Doxis4 patient records
Patient record management
- Structured solution for managing patient documentation from a number of different sources and in a number of different formats with context in relation to the case and patient in question
- Digital cover sheet that provides clear information and a compact overview of all key patient data
- Adjustable authorisation system (folder-level, tab-level, document-level) with the option to transfer authorisation structures from HIS, AD, etc.
- Multi-case view of patient records (doctor's notes, test results, etc.)
- Secure emergency access to Doxis4 medical records, e.g. if the HIS is unavailable due to maintenance, a technical fault, etc.
Patient document management
- Multimedia patient archive (data, documents, images, videos)
- Audit-proof storage for documents and records, consideration of legal retention periods (PDF/PDF/A/TIFF etc.)
- Option to transfer test results and images from sub-systems
- Integrated DMS functions: record filing (manual or automatic batch filing), search, edit, version management, history, etc.
- Logical allocation of documents to several different case records or treatment records without data redundancy
- Viewer displays over 300 formats
- Function for capturing paper documents using fully integrated scan software
Patient data management
- Compilation of electronic patient records using a range of different information objects from various different sources (e.g. HIS, RIS, PACS, PDMS, MPA, imaging methods, etc.)
- Guaranteed security thanks to authorisation, authentication and SSL encryption for client-server communication
- Consistent security measures due to the transfer of authorisation concepts from HIS, AD, etc., supported by a separate authorisation system in Doxis4
- International compatibility thanks to multilingual functions (Unicode compatible)
- Precise logging function that records each time a patient record is accessed